Thursday, March 15, 2012

DLK Review of Paul Graham @ Pace

This review provides a solid and thoughtful description of Graham's current show at Pace, and should give the reader a good sense of what Graham is up to with this work.  As I mentioned in class, it's absolutely phenomenal to see in person and was really important (for me) to fully experience the work in this way.  Of course, I couldn't disagree more with the suggestion that these photographs are "disposable and boring".  I was completely enthralled with the subtleties of what was captured and, to me, Graham's skillful attention to the inherently dramatic light pouring down between the buildings onto the streets and sidewalks made these images anything but boring.  Five stars from me.  The best thing I saw in New York all week.

Click HERE to read the full review.

Image Credit:  DLK Collection Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment