Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Another (digital) take on Robert Frank's, The Americans

I was just made aware of what I believe is a new project by Sherwin Tibayan based on The Americans via In the In-Between blog.  I'm initially pretty interested in this project, but with a bit of hesitation.  I did especially enjoy reading the artist's narrative discussing their very personal experience with Frank's seminal book. 

Image Credit:  Sherwin Tibayan (sourced from In the In-Between)
I'll have to come back to it to see whether my thoughts change, as they have regarding Mishka Henner's rendition (I've grown much fonder of these spare, abstractions over time - they remain true to the quiet, lonely quality or the originals, in many ways).

Image Credit:  Mishka Henner (sourced via mishkahenner.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment